problem installing xp on hp8000

mhchopper4

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
i've checked all over the internet trying to find a solution to my problem, but haven't been able to find anything. From what I can tell, nobody else has come across this...
I have an HP Pavilion dv8000 laptop. It currently has HP's XP Media Center install on it. I have Windows XP Pro that i want to install. I load up the boot disc, get to the page where it displays the hard drives, but for some reason it won't show my hard drive. It sees my external hard drives just fine, but not the one in my laptop. What am I misssing?
Does XP Pro not have the correct drivers for my hard drive or has HP put something on the hard drive that prevents XP from seeing it? I searched all over trying to find anything related, but all i could find was that ppl that have problems with their 8000 were able to reload windows and didn't mention any problems with it.
Help would be greatly appreciated, because i want the 14Gbs back that HP took for the recovery software, and i want to get rid of all the other crap they load up on the OS, including some 20-30 extra processes i have running and don't need.

Thank You

c0leman

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
I had the same problem, xp doesn't have the sata drivers.. go to bios and disable native sata support then install, after all your drivers are good, re-enable sata support

TRENDING THREADS