Question Problem running on Battery-Lenovo Ideapad 330S

Jan 3, 2020
Started my laptop this morning and it is just shuts everything at once when on battery power. However on AC power it is running smoothly. I have purchased this new in June, I suspect that battery has expired.

Please suggest as per your experience how to test the battery performance?

Is it shutting down immediately when you unplug it? You didn't say.

If that is the case, then the battery has likely gone bad and is not holding a charge. You didn't say if you see it charging or not when plugged in, so I would check that first. Should it not charge when turned on and plugged in, try charging it while it is turned off. If it will charge then, when off, and hold a charge so it can run, then you have a bad charger not a bad battery.

However, if you can't get it to work at all, and it won't take a charge, either the battery has gone or the charging circuit has (if it won't even show it charging).

In any case, it should be under warranty still, so I would contact the manufacturer.

Reactions: farhan.sidiqui
Jan 3, 2020
The battery is being charged from the charger, let me try your way i.e. turn off and charge on as I have tried full charge while turned on. Thanks for the suggestion, this slipped out of my mind.
Thanks for the help and support.

Jan 3, 2020
I am working on my laptop both ac power and battery and everything is fine. I am not sure what has been the reason for the immediate display off and sec shut. Might be the temperature 2 degrees hitting the battery performance or battery giving a sign of the weak state.

Everything is fine for now, not sure about the future ;)