Problem transfering "copy protected" VHS to DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightlySputnik

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
I really hope somebody here can answer me.

I received a set-top-box DVD recorder for last Christmas (Lite-on DD-A300DX I think). I've decided to use it to make copy of my legally owned VHS tape so quality will stop degrading. I can tell you my 10-15 years old Highlander movie doesn't look as good as it did when I first purchased it :( . I also have a USB2.0 Pinnacle box to do it, but I was waiting for my new computer to do it to save on the encoding time. I simply decided to start now instead of waiting to do it on my new computer in february.

Here's my question/problem. On newer VHS movies, I sometime can't make back-up of them. It says they're copy protected 8O... or the image is moving a lot so it's no good for watching ?!?!. WTF, who would want to copy VHS if not for back-up in the first place :lol:

Anyway. my question is three-fold:

1:Will I be able to bypass that (stupid) copy protection if I use my USB2.0 box instead?

2:If not, is there a way arouns it? I sincerly don't want to purchased those old movies on DVD, it's just too expensive... but my VCR will probably "pass-away" any time soon (it's 7-8 years old already) and I don't want to have to get a new one at 100+$ just for these few tapes. :evil:

3: I want to get Roxio Media Creator 9.0 with my new computer. Will it permit me to do some, at least, image enhancing (noise removing) to get closer to the original quality? If not, is there any application that permit this? I don't care if it's cpu intensive, I'll get a E6600, plenty of memory (2GB to start with) and I have plenty of time.

I finally understant what they mean by DRM-infection :evil: ...

Thanks for your answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS