Problem while using AMD GPU

Ahmed_167

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
hello all i hope you are all well a, i've lenovo z51-70 which has AMD R9 M375 yesterday once i wanted to play any game with AMD GPU my lap top shuts down ... i noticed while using GPU Z that the temperature normally is from 20-60 ... suddenly after opening any game it reachs 100 and more, then the laptop shuts down .... i changed the gpu driver , changed the windows version, also i've checked the cooler and all works fine.... can any one help me with this problem ?? applications such as photoshop works well with the GPU but any game which require high graphics the laptop turns off ... sorry for writing too much but i'm in a serious problem.

Solution
If the laptop is not made for gaming (which this model was not specifically made for gaming) then it can overheat. Especially with heavy gaming. Even ones meant for gaming can overheat at times with Heavy GPU load.
You can try replacing the thermal paste. If that makes no difference the fan may need replacing.
You may also want consider adding a cooling pad and making sure the laptop is positioned to get more airflow when trying to game.
If the laptop is not made for gaming (which this model was not specifically made for gaming) then it can overheat. Especially with heavy gaming. Even ones meant for gaming can overheat at times with Heavy GPU load.
You can try replacing the thermal paste. If that makes no difference the fan may need replacing.
You may also want consider adding a cooling pad and making sure the laptop is positioned to get more airflow when trying to game.

Solution