Problem with antivirus

DEMOLISHER 86

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013
i have recently installed quick heal total security antivirus
today only i saw that action center is reporting that quick heal is turned off though it is running in the back
i have disabled windows defender but still there is a red cross
and whenever i try turning on the anti malware it shows a clock icon and doesnt work
any solutions would be helpful

LeonardKonrad

Estimable
Mar 10, 2015
Uninstall "quick heal total security antivirus", "windows defender", and if there are any other virus guards.

Install AVG Free or Avast Free or Bit Defender Free (the most popular and most trusted free virus guards.
I'm using AVG free since 6 years and still no issue.

Sophiasoni

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
Uninstall it and download any other better antivirus in your system like Avast, Avira or Immunet etc. I am using Avast with Immunet for the last 2 years and didn’t faced any issues.

rickin432

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015
Yeah please dont use avast nor avg. even their paid versions offer mediocre protection.
In free products, use malwarebytes and either panda or avira. In paid, use malwarebytes premium along with bitdefender internet security.
If your pc is like mine and can't handle more than 1 antivirus at a time, use panda free antivirus.

Anyway, first restart your device in 'safe mode with networking'. Google how to do it. Then install free malwarebytes. Let it update. Wait till it finishes it's preliminary scan. Then rescan, in custom scan, tick all the boxes ie rootkit scan and all your drives etc. It'll take atleast an hour to finish. It'll quarantine all the malware it finds. Remove/delete all the results it shows by going into its history tab. Job done. Now restart normally, install the antiviruses recommended.

PS uninstall all older antivirus products. Use ccleaner to remove the clutter.