Problem with asus x501a

Status
Not open for further replies.

3pino

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
Hi! I have an asus x501a , when i abilitated UEFI from bios at the next reboot my laptop stop working. Show always black screen also if light and hard disk started. No way to get into bios or window. I tried to take away CMOS battery and reinsert with the only result i lost warranty.
What can i do?

Asus_USA

Honorable
May 1, 2013
Can you get into the BIOS at least? I'm not quite sure what you mean by "abilitated" but I would contact support to see if they can walk you through the necessary troubleshooting steps.

3pino

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

No just black screen, don't know if i can get into bios, i tried to press f2 and then f10 and enter that i remember should go in bios exit and save and reboot computer but the pc don't seems to reboot.

Italian asus assistance is absolutly crap. When i had to buy another asus pc after having fought with italian assistance for their ignorance i contact the usa one that eventually cleared my doubts. For this problem italian assistance said: "Seems an hardware problem, get a RMA".

Hardware problem???? I just put UEFI boot on enabled in BIOS and reboot a notebook that until that moment never had problems. Without warranty it's about 100 $ just for a look, without the reparation. This is a robbery.

Status
Not open for further replies.