Problem with Dell latitude 820

G

Hello

I have Dell latitude 820 about 3yrs old. Last 2 days i have problem with the display, suddently it went blank. Now the laptop is not booting, as i could not see the dell symbol and bios. moreover i could not see the harddisk light glowing.

what might went wrong? Any suggestions? is it reparable and worthy? how much will it cost??

Ultimate_Destructo

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
it is either the power supply or motherboard. does the power supply seem to charge the battery? if its the motherboard is the problem its not worth replacing. as for the power supply you could simply buy one online.

G

The power supply is working. But how can i figure out if the problem is with motherboad? is there any easy way?

runswindows95

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
Quickest way to test a motherboard is to remove the RAM, and boot up. If the motherboard is working, you will hear three beeps. If you don't hear a beep, the motherboard is toast. Far as repairing, it may not be worth it. The motherboard for my Compaq laptop ALONE was $400. I bought a new one with better specs for $600.

G

Thanks for the reply and suggestion! I tried and i dont hear any beep sound, so i know the problem know.. the motherboad is dead!!!!!!!