Status
Not open for further replies.

Moustafa_Elsawy

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013
Hey guys,

So I've been having this problem with Geforce experience. It refuses to run for me, it used to work in the past but a few weeks ago it refuses to run. Shows in the task bar but doesn't respond to the endless clicks that I try to get it to run.
I tried the following:
1) uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version, nothing it doesn't run.
2) running as administrator, still doesn't run.
3) clearing all my nvidia drivers in safe mode and reinstalling, no luck still.

I'm just very curious what happens when I double click on it, I can't see any response from it what so ever. Very weird

Your answers are well appreciated!

Edit: is it possible that a program is blocking it from running?

G

Are any nvidia prosesses running when you look at task manager? Also check event viewer. You may be able to see why it's failing.

EasyLover

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
I've same problem with GeForce Experience which is not a good Experience ;) Btw if it is not running you will still be able to play games and change settings manually in the game options. What else this GeForce Experience has to do really!

G

Also, it will only find and optimize about 10% of your games. The optimiztion isn't even accurate sometimes. My civ 5 resolution always gets set much lower, even though it lists my optimal resolution at 1920x1080.

Moustafa_Elsawy

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013

Yes after double clicking it, nothing runs on my screen or the task bar but I can see 2 processes in my process in windows task manager (NVIDIA GeForce Experience Backend and NVIDIA Streamer Service. Im sorry but ive never used event viewer, how do I use it?

Moustafa_Elsawy

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013

Im running windows 7 Enterprise and my Anti-virus is Microsoft Forefront Endpoint protection along with Yet another cleaner (YAC) which is a male-ware as far as I know.

Moustafa_Elsawy

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013

Yeah I know, its really weird im experiencing this. I know I can change the settings manually but its just bothering me that it suddenly stopped working like this.

G

Search event viewer in the start menu. Open it, and click on applications. You should be able to see events listed by time. You may be able to find an event id # with geforce.

Also, try ending those processes, then starting the application.

You could also try downloading/installing from the UK site.

Moustafa_Elsawy

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013

I did, no luck!

Scratch that, for some reason I restarted and it worked LOL. Kinda weird but thanks!

MrCreeperDash

Estimable
Apr 22, 2014
I just pressed right click--> fix problem with "Nvidia Geforce Experience", and well now it works just fine.

Wildeedge

Estimable
May 10, 2014
Every time this happens to me, I open task manager, go to processes, find Nvidia Geforce Experience Backend, and shut that down. then i reopen geforce experience and it works.

KaiserFranz

Estimable
May 26, 2014
I also have the same problem and I fixed this issue by temporarily disabling all my anti viruses web Shields/protection that can in some cases allow the update to work. I use AVAST antivirus, its a good program but can cause issues with certain operating systems IE Internet connectivity, program installs and updates. Just a thought may or may not help. Oh, and this was for the most recent 2.0.1 update, and the Driver 337.88

Franz
2014-05-26

mudxorz

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
I was finally able to get the NVIDIA GeForce Experience to work after trying everything under the sun. I first went to Programs & Features and uninstalled NVIDIA GeForce Experience ONLY. Then I downloaded and installed a MUCH older version of NVIDIA GeForce Experience (v1.7.1) from here:

http://forums.videocardz.com/topic/614-nvidia-geforce-experience-1710/

After it installed I launched it and it opened without issue but I was still not able to load ShadowPlay. I then let GFE update itself to the most recent version. After that I was able to flip on the ShadowPlay button which installed and updated the latest version. Now everything is working fine.

k2rojo

Estimable
Dec 5, 2014

MAN!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! IT WORKED IN MY COMPUTER TOOO!!!

THANKS!!!

JOSE

umina

Estimable
Jan 7, 2015

I fixed the problem by going to task manager, applications, right click on NVIDEA GeForceExperience and select maximize (bring to front does not work). Once it is visable you can use it normally, but if you minimzie it or try to resize it you will have to go back to task manager and maximize it again to see it.

THIS IS A SERIOUS BUG AND I RECOMMEND NOT USING THIS APPLICATION UNTIL NVIDEA FIXES IT.

Since the bug does not effect everyone and some people have dramatically odd experiences, the problem might be an uninitialized pointer.

Mr_RustEZZE

Estimable
Jan 9, 2015
Ok so I am trying to download GeForce Experience so that I can use ShadowPlay. When I click on it is says, "Could not start GeForce Experience. Try again." What does this mean and what can I do to fix it? I have and EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Classified graphics card so it should work right?

EasyLover

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013

I've same problem. Uninstalling and then clean installing the app works for me. Also, try to restart the windows and then try to open it.

Status
Not open for further replies.