Problem with Hp Pavillion dv6000 notebook

noniboy

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Hi everyone.

I own a Hp Pavillion dv6000 notebook (dv6915nr model). My problem is that it doesn't always turn on when I push the power button. I'll try to explain:

After I push the power button, always the lights go on and the the fan start working. That lasts for 2-3 seconds and then everything goes off. I have to tell that during those seconds nothing it is displayed on the screen (no BIOS and no error beeps). If I'm enough persistent and try to push again the power button, the computer will eventually turn on, enter BIOS, Windows and will work fine. If I'm lucky, I have to push the power button 3-4 until it finally turns on and starts working ok. In the worst cases I have to push it more than 20 times (I also changed the AC adapter but without results.)
Since I'm a computer enthusiast and I like to work with a screwdriver :) I opened the laptop and cleaned the fan and heat sink. I also changed the thermal paste, but the problem remained the same. A friend of mine suggested that probably the culprit was the motherboard. So I bought another identical board but to my complete dismay the problem persisted.

Any help or suggestion would be welcome.
Thank you in advance!

p.s.
Sorry for my long description but I thought that giving all the details could help you pinpoint the problem.

gbenga9ic

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012