Problem with java/flash website

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniper2606

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Ok guys so recently i made a clean windows 7 install on my pc i have the crucial ssd and i did this tweak guide

http://thessdreview.com/ssd-guides/optimization-guides/the-ssd-optimization-guide-2/

here is my problem with some certain website like pizza hut,gmail,nvidia,toms anything to do with java or flash it takes forever to load or sometimes it doesn't especially with gmail whenever i click on a email it shows loading on top but nothing happens just get an error sometimes it takes up to 1 minute to get inside the email, i cleared all my cookies and temp files i tried firefox,IE,chrome and all the same, i contact my internet provider and the speeds are normal. Is there something i did wrong to prevent certain web site from loading?

Cheers

oh yeah and chase.com pictures dont show, just blank with a lil icon on the left things like that and yes it takes forever to load, oddly enough facebook ign.com etc etc work just fine

psaus

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
Assuming you have Java enabled, it sounds like something ISP related.
Double check you have everything patched, especially your Java RE. I use Sun/Oracle's Java RE.

Another test is to move your DNS; OpenDNS is a great alternative to your ISPs DNS servers. Faster and more secure than your ISP's.

sniper2606

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010

Yeah i have java updated.

Hmm im not familiar with thid DNS/ISPs could you elaborate on that plz

psaus

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
ISP = internet service provider
DNS = domain name system

DNS servers are required to use the web, so you can type google.com or facebook.com and get somewhere. DNS servers translate the text to an IP address (number).
An OpenDNS test is quick n simple. Go to opendns.com, and find the 2 IP addresses near the bottom of the page. Plug those in to your IP address settings for your DNS servers. Then retry the sites you're going to.

But after reading that optimization guide, I'm not actually sure this is going to fix the problem. There are things disabled in that guide that I'm not agreeing with (pagefile, prefetch/superfetc, etc). Steps 1 & 2 are really the only ones needed.

Without doing the OpenDNS thing, if you have Win7 Professional or Ultimate, you could install XP Mode with no tweaks, and retry visiting those sites again. Or if you have access to a second computer, you could visit those sites on that computer. If XP Mode or the second computer render those pages correctly, then I suspect it's something in that guide that's messed up the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.