Problem with Medion laptop

JorritTyb

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
Hi,

My son has a Medio laptop which was working fine until this morning. At some point it simply shut down without warning. When he tried to boot it up again it seemed to work and went to the windows login screen but it appeared as if the letter 'q' was jammed. But it really isn't. No other key is working and the 'q' keeps appearing. In addition the caps lock isn't working and the fan of the laptop is making a lot of noise.

Another symptom is that the laptop can no longer boot up with power cord pulled out.

Attaching an external keyboard works although it is still not possible to type because the 'q' from the laptop keyboard keeps appearing. Pressing the capslock on the external keyboard turns on the capslock light and the 'q' from the laptop keyboard turns into 'Q' as expected.

Any clue what could be wrong and how we can diagnose this? Turning off the laptop for a prolonged time doesn't fix things

Thanks

JorritTyb

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
Just wanted to add that a good sign that the key 'q' is not really stuck is the fact that the keyboard lighting doesn't turn on. i.e. normally when you press a key the keyboard lights turn on but that doesn't happen here. In fact it doesn't even turn on if you really press a key

Mar 1, 2018
i cannot find anywhere else to post this so here goes, i bought a Medion Erazer Gaming laptop 5 months ago, it was expensive but awesome ( for 5 months) 3 weeks ago i tried typing in a messege and no keys worked so i thought i would refresh. again no keys worked so my next try was to restart, i clicked restart it wnet off and never came back on, the on off button wouldnt work either. so i took it to the point of sal as it was under a 2 year warranty, today i recieved a letter from Medion saying the motherboard had to be replaced and was not under warranty due to excessive force. now being as i spent so much money on the thing i was always VERY careful with it. i have read on other forums that Medion has done this to many and if anyone knows a place we can go to make statements and get the word out that Medion is scamming money from people please share . i want to get the word out to be careful or better yet DONT BUY MEDION computers!. in the end they are going to chatge me 25 euros to fix it and thatis still a scam as it is still under a 2 year warranty. but its the only way i can get my laptop back in working order from them, they are holding it hostage.

Jan 15, 2019
I too have been scammed by Medion. I had only had it 4 months when I noticed that the keyboard was cracking near the esc key, on looking at it further I could see that it was because the casing is so thin where the power socket is. I investigated further and also noticed that there were stress fractures on the cover by all usb ports.
I sent it back and their reply was it was caused by inappropriate use. I can't understand how by having the laptop on the table next to me to view my knitting patterns and only plugging it in to charge can be inappropriate use, how else can you use a laptop.
They wanted over £100 to repair it, I said I wouldn't pay and have asked them to return it.
I'm so disappointed with this company, what's the use of a 3 year warranty if nothing is covered.