Problem with Roland UA-33 Tricapture USB Audio Interface

insatan

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
Hello,

I am trying to use Roland UA-33 for playing guitar / audio playback with Windows 7, 64-bit PC which has i5 processor and 8GB RAM. The issue is when i try to playback some music/video, the device shuts off and the playback software also freezes. The only way I can get the interface to get recognized is physically reseat the usb cable.
I have tried disabling the "Allow apllications to take exclusive control of this device" option but it doesn't help.
To rule out the possibility of bad hardware I tried using it with Lenovo T410 Windows 7 64-bit laptop and it seems to work fine with it.

Any suggestions on how to find out which application could be causing the device to freeze?

Thanks!

It might not like the USB chipset of the desktop. I know with my Tascam back in the day, it was picky about the type of chipset that actually delivered the USB signal. Many firewire audio devices are very picky about the firewire chipset used and each different brand recommends a different firewire chipset to use.

Have you tried all the ports on your motherboard, upgrading the motherboard chipset drivers? Do your motheboard have USB 3.0 and your using one of those ports by mistake?

Audio interfaces a crap shoot sometimes on systems.

insatan

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
@getochkn - I haven't tried upgrading motherboard chipset drivers. Yes, 3.0 ports are available but I'm not using those for the interface. I did try different port combinations. Sometimes the interface does work for few hours. Most of the times it stops within 2 minutes of playing any audio/video.

CWR

Estimable
Mar 4, 2014
The interfacace may be conflicting with your computer's internal sound card. Try disabling that card not only from control panel, but inside device manager, then reboot and try again with the Tri-Capture. A tech at my computer company told me that sometimes conflicts between drivers can develop unless the unwanted card is turned off in device manager. That has worked for me, at least for now.