problem with sony subwoofer

dylangibson456

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
hey everyone i have a problem connecting my active subwoofer SA-WS888 to my baird TV on the subwoofer it says line in and on the tv there is no line out and when i went into the shop i asked them and they gave me an aux cable and i also brought a jack to phono cable please coud someone help

Solution
There is a good chance you won't be able to just add the sub to the built in speakers of the TV.
If the TV has a headphone jack then plugging a cable into that to connect the sub would usually turn off the TV speakers.
If the TV has an optical audio output you will have to check that it can be turned on while the TV speakers are also working. Then you would need an optical to analog converter to provide a line level analog audio out for the sub. This would be a fixed level output so the sub would not go up and down in volume with the TV speakers.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from dylangibson456 : "sony subwoofer problem"

There is a good chance you won't be able to just add the sub to the built in speakers of the TV.
If the TV has a headphone jack then plugging a cable into that to connect the sub would usually turn off the TV speakers.
If the TV has an optical audio output you will have to check that it can be turned on while the TV speakers are also working. Then you would need an optical to analog converter to provide a line level analog audio out for the sub. This would be a fixed level output so the sub would not go up and down in volume with the TV speakers.

Solution