Question Problem with turntable audio

TJtheGamer

Honorable
Dec 4, 2014
Hello! I recently got a Memorex turntable, radio, CD, and cassette player combination thing at an auction (sorry not sure the proper name for it). When I got the machine I had to buy a replacement needle on Amazon for the turntable, but once I got the needle installed my vinyls sounded wonderful until a couple days later this buzzing started occurring, I gave the machine a bit of a shake wondering if there was a loose connection or something and it started working for another day or so, but now the buzzing has started again and I cant seem to fix it this time as my record player knowledge is very limited (this is my first player). The radio and other audio inputs on the machine work fine. It is also worth noting that no matter the volumes setting the buzzing remains the same. Basically I was wondering if anyone on here familiar with record players could help me find (and hopefully fix!) the problem!

Here is a link to a shared google photos album with a video containing the sound: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ypEyBgRLmfCiRQF98

Thanks a ton for reading and any advice you can provide!

TJtheGamer

Honorable
Dec 4, 2014
You may have a bad ground connection. It could be internal to the unit but you should check the wires going to the phono cartridge.
A technician could probably find the bad connection inside the unit but the cost might be more than you paid for the entire stereo.
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, I've just been busy. Anyways, I took your advice and fiddled around with the cartridges connections to ensure they were all good with no luck! I've decided to dive into the units internal wiring to see about a bad ground connection and anything else that looks to have a poor connection. I really only care for the record player portion of the machine so I figure its no better than a paperweight if I don't try and fix it! Thanks a ton for trying to help and wish me luck!