Problem with USB ports on ASUS X401A

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_fox

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
Hy guys, after many frustrating attempts to install Win 7 on my Asus X401A with a USB stick (no dvd drive) I finally did it but now there's another problem, the USB ports won't work, I tried 3 different sticks and the light on them won't even work so I'm guessing there is no power to the ports but obviously they should work since I installed Windows from the USB 2.0 port.

How can I get them to work because without installing the drivers the notebook doesn't work well?

mike_fox

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
In stupid Windows nothing works without the drivers, but Linux to the rescue and now the problem is solved.
Cant believe I didn't think of god old dependable Linux from the beginning.

emerald14

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012

How did you install Windows 7? I was told by best buy you cannot change the operating system because the developers locked the bios. Please tell me what you did. I can’t stand this windows 8. I want to format my entire system but I can't

Thank you!

Mr_Lolled

Estimable
Sep 28, 2015

Its a complete lie, I just bough an asus X554L And downgraded it to windows 7 instantly, I realized the usb ports were not working for some kind of reason, I googled it up but found no solution, At the end i Decided to find one by my own and i found one...

Here are the steps;
>Enter your bios
>Go to the "Advanced" Menu
>Go to "USB Configuration"
>Disable "XHCI Pre-Boot Mode"
>Press f10 Save and exit
>Boot up and There you go

Status
Not open for further replies.