Problems Connecting PC to Receiver

arlemedra

Estimable
Jul 22, 2014
I need a bit of help getting my PC to play sound through my receiver. I've tried using an optical cable through the SPDIF out on my motherboard (I don't have a sound card) to the optical input on my Denon 1912, but am getting no sound. In device manager (Windows 8.1) I get the error:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful."

when looking at the "High Definition Audio Device" option. I've tried uninstalling drivers, restarting both my computer and the receiver, and updating any drivers I could think of. I do use Realtek Audio and am running off an ASUS Z-87 plus motherboard that I just got back from ASUS after having problems with my RAM slots. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I am willing to supply any necessary information in order to get this problem fixed. Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Suggestions on other ways to connect to the receiver would also be greatly accepted and appreciated, as this is my first time connecting my desktop to a receiver.

Solution
Your could try connecting it with an analog connection. You would connect it with a cable that has a stereo mini plug at one end and two RCA plugs at the other.
You would get better sound with the optical if you could get it to work. Make sure that the optical input you are using has been assigned in the receiver input menu to the input you want it to correspond to.
Your could try connecting it with an analog connection. You would connect it with a cable that has a stereo mini plug at one end and two RCA plugs at the other.
You would get better sound with the optical if you could get it to work. Make sure that the optical input you are using has been assigned in the receiver input menu to the input you want it to correspond to.

Solution

arlemedra

Estimable
Jul 22, 2014

Sorry for the REALLY late response, but I figured for the thread I would respond saying that I discovered that it's just a dead receiver. Thanks for the reply regardless.