Question problems reading dvds in my lg dvd cd drive

Jul 3, 2019
Hello since a few days ago am expriencing problems reading my dvds in my cd drive only music filesd work can u pleaase help me solve this issue , i dont belive its my dvd cd drive because i read if ythere was some issue on it and says its working coractaly . maby u can give me soluions for it .

i also began to think it may be my windows 8.1 ort a windows softweare issue i never hat problems with it .

i am afright to open it unplug and re plug my driver because it might get damaged . dont know what to do

Jul 3, 2019
Hello since a few days ago am expriencing problems reading my dvds in my cd drive only music filesd work can u pleaase help me solve this issue , i dont belive its my dvd cd drive because i read if ythere was some issue on it and says its working coractaly . maby u can give me soluions for it .

i also began to think it may be my windows 8.1 ort a windows softweare issue i never hat problems with it .

i am afright to open it unplug and re plug my driver because it might get damaged . dont know what to do

Jul 3, 2019
hi there sorry for my late responds it hapends with all dvds funny is just music cds work . can it be a FEFECT IN THE DC DRIVE OR IS IT A WINDOS ISSUE FOR EXAMPLWE WHEN I GO TO DMISNISTRador under administrador of hard drives i see a reserved partion of windows maby rthats what its causing it hope u can help me out

Jul 3, 2019
Well not showing an icon doesn't mean it isn't working. Have you tried launching the DVD player on the computer (you have to have software for it to work) and see if it will load then?
hi there i use the media player classic for it . my other dvd drives work ok its just the last one that doesnt . you think it could be a windows issue too.i use windows 8.1 what dvd player would u recomend i use

Jul 3, 2019
i tried that one too but no dvd is showing or playing in my dvd drive what can i do to resolve this coud it be a windows issue i dont know what else to do .i also did a check up on my dvd drive and it says its working propertaly .maby when the technician came by he forgot to plug in the data cable that conects to the dvd cd drive .or it could be dirty .

can u sugest domething else what i can do

It is likely not a software issue then. If it works for other CDs but not the DVDs then the player may well be damaged. It happens.

NOTE: I only say that if it is all DVDs. If it is just one or two, then obviously it isn't the player. Also, if these are not prerecorded ones, it is possible that the way they were recorded and put on the DVD is the issue.

Other than these, then I would say it is a hardware problem.

Jul 3, 2019
hi there it could be a windows iassue too bwecause i did i test on my svd drive to see if it had errors or problems and it shows thast it worked corectaly when i go to administrador administrador drives i see that there is another windows shown reserved windows system it maby a old windows program that got left beheind but i was afright to delete it because it might interfere with my new windows .anyways i will try to see how oii can fix this .maby i even have to open my cpu an see if all the cables in my dvd drive are coneted or if they are maby loose.
also another thinbk mp3 cds wont worlk as well recorded once
even thugh am not a technician greeding