Solved! I want to install SSD in my Laptop by replacing hhd in cd drive and ssd in main slot. Can anyone give better description on it?

May 10, 2021
I want to install ssd in my pc. Should i put it in cd drive or in main slot? Also i want to keep my data of hhd. How should i install windows after it? A clone to ssd or a new fresh install?

Appreciate if anyone answers!
Tysm in advance

Solution
I assume you are removing the HDD and replacing it with the SSD. That makes the process easy.

First run BelArc Advisor and print out or save the results. This will list most of the installed programs and many of the keys necessary to reinstall your programs. Verify that all the keys you need are included in the printout.

Remove the HDD and install the SSD. Make sure you follow ESC precautions or you may damage something (look this up on the web).

Boot the the install USB and do a complete (clean) reinstall. It shouldn’t ask for the Windows key, but if it does it is on the Belarc list.

Use a USB adapter (about $20 from Amazon) to connect your old HDD to your computer and read off the data files you need.

Let me know how it goes!
I assume you are removing the HDD and replacing it with the SSD. That makes the process easy.

First run BelArc Advisor and print out or save the results. This will list most of the installed programs and many of the keys necessary to reinstall your programs. Verify that all the keys you need are included in the printout.

Remove the HDD and install the SSD. Make sure you follow ESC precautions or you may damage something (look this up on the web).

Boot the the install USB and do a complete (clean) reinstall. It shouldn’t ask for the Windows key, but if it does it is on the Belarc list.

Use a USB adapter (about $20 from Amazon) to connect your old HDD to your computer and read off the data files you need.

Let me know how it goes!

Solution