Problems with my laptop

slovenc

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
I have problems with my laptop with windows Vista on it. I hope someone can help me.
Last week my brother told me that when he turned laptop on he couldnt load windows and then laptop asked him to do a recovery so he did. After that all the data on disk (disk C:) including all users were lost.
So I scanned disk with EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard and didn't find anythign except some images and nothing else. How is this possible? Are there any other options to recover my data?

electrontau

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
First, when doing a recovery there are 2 options: factory state or keep your info. If factory state is chosen it will warn you that data will be lost. Most likely your brother just kept clicking ok without reading what is on screen.

There might be possible to recover you data. MIGHT s the key word. If the sectors where your data was saved were not overwritten. It will be costly though.

jsc

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2004

Sometimes the factory state is all there is.

In that case, about all you can do is is pull the drive and either put it in a USB case or cable it up to a desktop and download the files.

slovenc, you may be able to recover more files by using a desktop as a base.

slovenc

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009

could you be more specific please?