Processor or Graphics card more worthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaidyft

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
Hi everyone.
I have come across two offers two choose from in a promotion, but i cannot decide which is more worth it for the same price. Can anyone advise me on what to choose? One option has a better graphic card (GT540M) while the other option has a better processor (i7-740QM) than the former. As I heard, CPU and GPUs both affect the FPS in games. So, just by looking at these specs can I know which will benefit more in the end. Please tell me which is a better choice and best for the same price, and why. Sorry i do not have any knowledge about notebooks and want to know more!

By the way, the battery life of the two notebooks were not stated. Can the better option be chosen based on an estimate of the battery life too? Thanks alot. I have arrowed the differences. However, not all the specifications of these notebooks are found in the advertisements so can if i missed out any pros or cons of these notebooks please tell me! Thanks!

[Acer Aspire 4750G] <----
Core i5 (model not stated) 2.3GHz processor (Sandy Bridge); <----
14-inch display;
4GB RAM;
640GB HDD; <----
1GB Nvidia GeForce GT540M graphics; <----
DVD writer;
Windows 7 Home Premium
Comes with one year warranty <----
Comes with free antivirus software. <----
S$1,198.00 (943.827528 USD)

[Asus X42JY] <----
Core i7-740QM 1.73GHz (quad-core turboboost up to 2.93Ghz); <----
14-inch display;
4GB RAM;
500GB HDD; <----
1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD6470 graphics; <----
DVD writer;
Windows 7 Home Premium
Comes with three-year warranty <----
Free antivirus software, bag and optical mouse. <----
S$1,198.00 (943.827528 USD)

Hope I can choose what to buy soon. Promotion's ending in 2 days
All responses are deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance everyone!!! :)

Solution
Hello and welcome to the forums
Definitely go with the first one.It's got a faster CPU and GPU.
As for battery life,I think it should last for like 4-6hrs easily

zaidyft

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
Thanks so much for your response :) I will go for acer 4750g then. Dont know much about intel processors.. By the way, reason to why i posted twice, there is always an error. after clicking submit, it takes me to a webpage saying the site is temporarily down. Please try again later or something like that. My apologies but hope it will be fixed soon. :) Thanks once again

Status
Not open for further replies.