Processor upgrade in Dell vostro 1015

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooool.gangwar18

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017
Hi,
My laptop freezes randomly. I bought it in 2011 or 2012. Dell Vostro 1015. I formatted it and clear the hard disk completely. Still the problem has not been solved.
So finally I want to upgrade it's processor to i5 and RAM 4GB.
Can I do it in my laptop?
Will the problem Solve after doing it?

Solution
If your laptop was freezing even after fresh install, it might have hardware problems which RAM upgrade won't solve. I doubt that you'll be able to replace the CPU. These cheap laptops were made with Celerons and Pentiums, and i3/5 just wont fit (not to talk about power and cooling requirement).

So, my recommendation: Bring your laptop to a shop where they can clean it from dust, reseat all components, and reinstall clean legal copy of Windows 7 on it.
If your laptop was freezing even after fresh install, it might have hardware problems which RAM upgrade won't solve. I doubt that you'll be able to replace the CPU. These cheap laptops were made with Celerons and Pentiums, and i3/5 just wont fit (not to talk about power and cooling requirement).

So, my recommendation: Bring your laptop to a shop where they can clean it from dust, reseat all components, and reinstall clean legal copy of Windows 7 on it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.