product activation ms office

Mr_P

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
Hi guys I need urgent help here.

So my grandfather bought a copy of MS Office 2013 but I wanted to use it while he was out and quickly installed and activated it on my laptop. Didn't like it so uninstalled it as well. But the problem now, is he didn't activate it on his own PC before and now it won't allow him to activate it because it says he activated it before.

How can I fix this without him finding out? He wants to take it in to the shop tomorrow and I am going to be in trouble. Please Help me

Solution
No, there is not. Only honest methods may be discussed here. Microsoft may be merciful. In any case, the worst they can do is say "Sorry," in which case you're no worse off.

Lee-m

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
No other legal way.

I guess technically its theft, you stole his activation key. The only people that can help now are microsoft. I would suggest you tell them you messed up while trouble shooting a laptop.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
No, there is not. Only honest methods may be discussed here. Microsoft may be merciful. In any case, the worst they can do is say "Sorry," in which case you're no worse off.

Solution

Mr_P

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
Listen i was just reading something about Office 2013 allowing you to install it on a new computer every 90 days. This could work right?
http://franscomputerservices.wordpress.com/2013/03/06/microsoft-restores-transfer-rights-for-retail-office-2013-copies/