Solved! Projector Sound Help Needed

Jul 8, 2019
Just got a Dr. J Professional projector. Want to use it on my patio, which already has decent Infinity speakers wired up for music. They are connected to my older Yamaha theater as the B speaker set (A is installed inside as the surround and wired in serial with another Sony system). Anywhooooo.....simple question for the pros here: How to get the projector sound to those wired B speaker set...projector is not BT, nor is the Yamaha. Would a BT tx on the projector and a paired BT rx in an open input work or would the latency be a problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

Solution
Unless the projector has a built in source (streamer most likely) you would get the audio from your source not the projector.
If you decide to use a BT transmitter/receiver get an AptX low latency pair. You might still get an annoying delay.
Many projectors won't output analog audio from digital inputs (HDMI) so check that in the owners manual.
Unless the projector has a built in source (streamer most likely) you would get the audio from your source not the projector.
If you decide to use a BT transmitter/receiver get an AptX low latency pair. You might still get an annoying delay.
Many projectors won't output analog audio from digital inputs (HDMI) so check that in the owners manual.

Solution
Jul 8, 2019
The reviews on Amazon indicate that folks have been able to stream to BT speakers with adapters, so the format is supported apparently. My only concern now is the severity of the latency, even with AptX. If my phone or laptop is the source, without running a cord into the house 40 ft away, how would I get the sound to the receiver?

Jul 8, 2019
If you connect a transmitter to the audio output of the phone or laptop then that may have less latency then going from the projector.
That's an idea for sure. I finally purchased 2 Aluratek Universal TX/RX units yesterday and fiddled with it all last night in the back yard. After what was an alarmingly easy time hooking up the units to the projector and theater system in TX and RX modes using Aux cable and Opt cable respectively (They seemed to pair almost instantly (how can you be sure they don't pick up your phone, laptop, toaster oven, car, kegerator, or other BT devices within range? There does not seem to be a way to tell there certainly is no display on these units)) I had a hard time getting sound through the speakers. Eventually after messing with the Win 10 Sound Playback options somehow I ended up getting sound out....however....it was static-laden and pretty broken up. The units were almost line of sight with only about 20 feet, a sliding glass door and a couple of recliners between them. Do I need to be doing Aux cables on both sides of the equation? Does that even matter?