Proper connection of avr to power amplifier

Alfie61y

Commendable
Sep 18, 2016
I have a Marantz sr 5003 avr and need to add a 2 channel power amp to feed my power hungry polk rtia9'speakers. My Marantz has full 7.1 preouts and when I connected to the front preouts to the line in Jacksonville of power amp, I got no sound and no signal indication which my Crown 2 channel power amp has.

Solution
I won't ask if you connected the speakers to the amp rather than the receiver.
Make sure that you have connected to the front outputs not the inputs (been there done that).
If the amp has balanced and unbalanced inputs make sure that if there is a switch it's in the unbalanced position. If there are level controls turn them fully clockwise. You will need to rebalance the system levels.
Connect the amp to a different source to make sure it's OK. Check the cables too.
I won't ask if you connected the speakers to the amp rather than the receiver.
Make sure that you have connected to the front outputs not the inputs (been there done that).
If the amp has balanced and unbalanced inputs make sure that if there is a switch it's in the unbalanced position. If there are level controls turn them fully clockwise. You will need to rebalance the system levels.
Connect the amp to a different source to make sure it's OK. Check the cables too.

Solution