PS3 Surround Sound, 5.1 Rear Speakers on Same Channel?

May 20, 2018
hi,

I have ran into a peculiar problem today. I have my PS3 hooked up via S/PDIF to a Vizio 5.1 Sound Bar Surround System, and I seem to be getting both Right Rear and Left Rear channel sounds from both of those speakers simultaneously. If that's unclear, from the WipEout HD sound test, both speakers are outputting "left rear" and "right rear" (at different volumes depending on setting) simultaneously rather than isolated, like the front (2.0) channels and the subwoofer channel does.

When doing the OEM speaker test on the Vizio system, the channels work properly, no issues. It's the PS3, I think. I'm using Dolby 5.1 out via Optical.

I just want to make sure that my system is operating properly.

Any ideas or input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

James

Solution
Might have to turn off a specific setting in the settings, not really sure tho as I'm not an expert when it comes to surround sound :p
Let's hope someone who knows more about surround sound comes here and explains it I guess lol

ChaoticWolf

Estimable
Feb 2, 2016
Might have to turn off a specific setting in the settings, not really sure tho as I'm not an expert when it comes to surround sound :p
Let's hope someone who knows more about surround sound comes here and explains it I guess lol

Solution