PS4 vs. Xbox One: Which Console Is Right for You?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phatso Brown

Estimable
Jan 15, 2016
Brilliant write up, and I agree that the XBox One is slightly ahead, even as it struggles to match PS4 sales. Great time to own both systems. One in the bedroom, one in the living room. Good to be a gamer.

Nednarb_1

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016
It's all matter of personal preference when it comes to choosing the right console for yourself or a loved one. The Xbox One seems to be more worth it because of it's entertainment features alone and it's backwards compatibility. Where the Xbox One may be a flop in the visual department it's damn good pick for casual Gamers like myself I don't need fancy hardware to have a good time.

Jwdkillz

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016
If you had your PSN for a long time before the PS4 came out, you can play online without the purchasing of Playstation Plus.

Megabeing

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
It may be worth noting that none of the Xbox One cable tv features are available in the UK, but we do get access to BBC iplayer, although that is also on the PS$ along with ITV, All4 and 5Hub

Megabeing

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
I own both and I prefer the dualshock controller and the PS4 interface, but that is purely personal taste. I own several of the exclusive games and all have their merits, so the real deciding factor is which platform your friends play on - mine are on the PS4.

Mahmoud_21

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
by my experience

PS4: hardware design dualshock controller online and connecting to PS vita and Xperia more technological with touch board in the controller

Xbox one : kinect

PS4 FTW !!

Julian_16

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
Since nobody wants to give a clear cut answer, I will. I had the PS4 when it originally released. After having the 360 (and loving it) I decided to go back to my original gamer console..the PlayStation. I first was disappointed with the PlayStation and decided to trade it for the one, I thought it still had the arcade on it and come to find out it didn't, that initially pissed me off but I just figured to keep it and wait on some games. It literally has been almost three years and Xbox has yet to deliver anything that moves me. They have only two exclusive titles (I'm not interested in halo or gears of war..and sunset overdrive is a joke so that doesn't count) and Microsoft doesn't give its consumers what they want, they promised us fight night on backwards compat...we NEVER got it, by the time it comes on there I probably won't even have an Xbox one anymore. If all you care about is graphics and gaming, LISTEN TO ME!! Get the PS4 and don't think twice. All that other shit that Xbox does on the interface and online gadget like attractions is all smoking mirrors. To me in my eyes, the Xbox one is a failure.

GreenLantern_252

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016
Ps4 is better for gaming, Xbox one is better for tv show/movie entertainment purposes. Especially since the console that goes against the One S hasn't even came out yet and the regular PS4 out performs it still hardware wise, illness laggy, way more fluent. I own both consoles and play the Xbox one more lately but it's just because I wanted to beat Dead rising 3, but it's so glitchy, there was cars floating in the air the other night lol, I'm getting agitated with it and think I'm just gonna go back to PS4.

Akeshia

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016
is it true you can play online on the ps4 with other people for free? if you have internet already?

Jack_234

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Thanks for providing a great insight to both. I think the choice is according to personal preferences and vary from person to person. Some will always say that the PS is better, while for others it's the Xbox.

MasterChief86

Estimable
Dec 13, 2016
Nice post. PS4 is a more powerful piece of machinery but when half the user-base digs netflix, media and 4k blu-rays things really start getting interesting.

MarkA67UK

Commendable
Mar 15, 2016
Something that might be worth pointing out about the free games every month on both consoles. Xbox 360 games are free forever once redeemed from Games with Gold meaning you don't need Gold to play them, Xbox One games only remain playable if you have Gold. The PSN isn't as generous and ALL games redeemed become unplayable if you choose not to renew Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.