PSN Still Not Back; Still No ETA from Sony

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
" further testing of the incredibly complex system."

No doubt it's complex enough (and probably poorly documented) so that nobody really knows what it does and what to look for...

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]On the plus side by now the heavy withdrawals the fan-boys experienced must be receding and the may actually be doing something with their lives other than playing the PS3 and going on internet forums to defend, praise, and attack the Xbox. Who knows maybe some of them have even come in contact with sunlight![/citation]

Or girls.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Anomalyx[/nom]They keep trying to rub in that it's an "incredibly complex system". Sounds to me like it just wasn't built very cleanly. A major mark of a good developer is that his code is understandable and documented. Apparently they lacked good developers when building PSN.[/citation]

And that's the problem you face when you outsource all your work to the lowest bidder.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Anomalyx[/nom]They keep trying to rub in that it's an "incredibly complex system". Sounds to me like it just wasn't built very cleanly. A major mark of a good developer is that his code is understandable and documented. Apparently they lacked good developers when building PSN.[/citation]
So anything complex is simply poorly engineered?

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
gawd i can't wait until this happens to steam and other cloud services.
this is why multiplayer LAN should be kept included instead of restricting to internet only multiplayer.
atleast with pc's you can hack stuff to make it do what ever you want.

dapneym

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
I'm so glad I can not really care if the network is back up or not...I have a PS3, but it's essentially always just functioned as a media streamer with only occasional gameplay. I do the vast majority of my gaming on my PC where games belong ;)

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
i bet a great time to launch a ddos right after it's launch date!
People who want to bug Sony could do that very easily!
Sony has made lots of enemies when combatting homebrew apps for their devices!

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
Checkind Anandtech, and HardOCP show sony should be up by the end of the month. Hopefully with less FAIL!

Status
Not open for further replies.