PSPgo Rewards Doesn't Seem Rewarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
well,Sony has done it again; after punishing legit PC gamers with rootkits, now they're punishing PSP gamers for holding on to their technology and supporting Sony by what you read above; I think the terms read in the article don't require any further explanations; you're stuck with your old mini-console if you want to play the games that you have already purchased. If you have a good library of games it's even worse: you have to select three games that you could transfer to your new PSP if you're lucky enough to have those games on the short list available.
This goes to show what extreme paranoia can do when in charge; as you may have guessed already, behind all this is their stupid concern about piracy; Sony ignores the rule of avoiding piracy damage: make good games and people will buy and play them!

mactruck

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
I agree this isn't the greatest deal for anyone that pre-ordered the system but you make it sound like it applies to the US. This 'rewards' program has only been announced for EUROPE, not for the majority of people reading this article.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
As a person who owns several Sony products I am not surprised. Sony routinely lays a steamer on customers. I only keep buying Sony products because current features generally match my needs. Not what is expected in future updates (unlike iPhone customers).

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]Why not just register the games on your old PSP, and then trade it in?[/citation]

because that would be called beating the system and well sony.. shudn't be punis...hed...like th..

WAIT A SECOND... you has an idea!

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
[citation][nom]sceen311[/nom]I like how the opinion is given first in the article then the Fact.[/citation]
No it wasn't. Read it again.

asdf634

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]Why not just register the games on your old PSP, and then trade it in?[/citation]

Because it looks like you have to connect both to the PS network at the same time... if that's the case, OUCH! Sony screw its fans again!

manong

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
[citation][nom]asdf634[/nom]Because it looks like you have to connect both to the PS network at the same time... if that's the case, OUCH! Sony screw its fans again![/citation]

this one is obviously an xbox gamer... cheers!

reasons why you bother buying a pspgo if you already have a psp3000:
1. u r a psp fanboy
2. u have a kid brother who adores u
3. u obviously don't like to switch to MS' zune hd bcoz it has no games!

cletus_slackjawd

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
IMHO none of those trade in games are really that great. I have Madden, Ultimate Ghost and Goblins, Best of EA Classics, Genesis Classics, and GTA.

Sony, update your plan for rewards to mail in your UMD games and get a code to download digital version of same. This is really the only fair way to do it.

guitarpeggio

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]Cletus_slackjawd[/nom]IMHO none of those trade in games are really that great. I have Madden, Ultimate Ghost and Goblins, Best of EA Classics, Genesis Classics, and GTA. Sony, update your plan for rewards to mail in your UMD games and get a code to download digital version of same. This is really the only fair way to do it.[/citation]

I like it.

lightsaber

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
Way to go Sony, you really know how to reward your loyal psp fan base. A$$holes is more like it, I for one had plans to buy your new system but thanks to your greed and not allowing us gamers to transfer our bought umd games over the years...well it's a no go for me. My favorite part in this whole article is how an individual has to jump through hoops just to get 3 free titles....of Sony's choosing!!! At least gives us a choice on something....

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
Wow, there goes my plans for the Go, at least for a while.

I'm having loads of fun with Dissidia and Pangya, neither of which are offered. I'd also want to trade-in my PSP, as I don't want to lug around an extra PSP just so I can play certain games. :/

Why not just let us enter in the serial number or something from the original UMD game and download it's digitial version? Keep your user-base happy, leading to better word of mouth?

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Won't touch this thing. The original PSP was cool, little disks and all but this is not. Too many are thinking they can drop brick and mortar stores and go on-line, not for me.

johnny_5

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]Cletus_slackjawd[/nom]Sony, update your plan for rewards to mail in your UMD games and get a code to download digital version of same. This is really the only fair way to do it.[/citation]
Maybe they decided that would be too expensive for them (besides it being a minuscule cost it should be very easily offset by the profit they seem to be making on each PSPgo sold to the older model owners who may consider a go, but now won't).
Maybe they are unable to for games that are not being released digitally or where the publisher refuses to allow it (they could just do trade-ins for codes when they can, and have an alternative plan for those games that they can't).
Maybe they want people to buy the games again (that is not like Sony Computer Entertainment as they usually don't try to 'shaft' there costumers [ridiculous hard-drive, online, wireless adapter prices] but instead just have higher entry costs).
Maybe, just maybe, this is just a temporary system in place until the trade-in system is finalized. We want a trade-in.

G

Like I've been saying all along these big three companies (Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft) want to destroy the used game market. Don't buy a PSPgo, see how it has no CD/catridge/UMD drive? They did that so all the games you buy for it will be digital. Then when you get bored of the game you can sel... oh wait no you can't and if your friend wants to borrow it, it will probably have some sort of protection to make sure it only runs on the PSP that downloads it.

People this needs to stop, tell these companies we have had it with overpriced digital only content!

OldDirtyGamer

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
I'm of the mind that Sony may not want that many early adopters which is why they're keeping the price artificially high and the rewards process relatively sparce and hard to get. It's the same reason why the PS3 stayed at its impossibly high price for as long as it did.

When Sony has all of its back-end infrastructure in place for the PSPGo and the existing PSP inventories are down to minimal levels, the price will drop, there will be better inclusion for recovering older PSP UMDs, and there should be really cool content available through the PSP Minis program.

Status
Not open for further replies.