Public Firefox 3.6 Beta Expected Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

breethon

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
I was thinking the same thing deathmustard. I moved to chrome for most of my browsing due to the pure speed it presented. I may have to re-think that if the new release of firefox is close.

breethon

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
I was thinking the same thing deathmustard. I moved to chrome for most of my browsing due to the pure speed it presented. I may have to re-think that if the new release of firefox is close.

phatboe

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
When it comes to web browsers, it's nice to see these companies working to improve on their products my making them render web pages faster but in reality the difference in browser rendering speed between different browsers is hardly noticeable. I don't understand why people switch from browser to browser every time something new ships that may have a 1ms faster page rendering time. I stick with FF because it works on all my machines (WinXP/Win7/Linux) so I have a familar interface w/keyboard short cuts on each computer and it's massive library of add-ons. But I guess it's what ever floats people's boats.

rodney_ws

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
I hope it fixes the horrible crashing that I've had on Windows 7 (eval & an OEM copy... 32 and 64 bit) I love me some Firefox, but I would like for a little bit (ok, a LOT) more stability.

mcvf

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Phatboe: People are switching because it is not about 1 ms. Try e.g. Firefox 3.0 and Google chrome in the same day for few hours. Difference is more than significant. Firefox has improved with version 3.5 where browsing experience (as compared with other browsers) is acceptable. Though, there is still plenty of space for improvements and Google Chrome basically works as a challenge for other browsers saying: It can be also another way. Much Faster.

squidrott

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
More speed and stability is always a plus.
However, still waiting for an official 64-bit version of Firefox that also works with the current 32-bit plug-ins. See, I don't ask for much. :)

awaken688

Distinguished
May 10, 2009
I'd love to go back to FF. I was all about it in the 2.0 days. FF3 just didn't play well with my computers at work. Long startup times and occasional crashing. Chrome definitely has me happy with its pure speed and clean look, but it just doesn't have all the plug-ins like FlashBlock and it still has some trouble displaying websites. I'm still glad to see both FF and Chrome moving forward. More speed, more compatibility, more stability.

G

Anyone know where to get the t-shirt the girl is wearing? I don't mind if the girl is still in it...

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
More stability in Windows 7 would be nice. Have never had problems with Firefox, however in Windows 7 it's the only piece of software I have temporary freeze ups with. Rest of the system stays active, but Firefox will stop responding for 3-7 seconds sometimes while it does.... whatever it's doing.

G

Yea, this is nice an all but it's not like some of us haven't been browsing with the 3.7 beta since august or anything now.

Status
Not open for further replies.