Solved! Purchasing the correct display screen for a Moto E4

okrobie

Estimable
Mar 2, 2016
I want to replace my cracked screen. My Moto E4 is marked XT1776. In searching the usual sources for the replacement display, I'm finding that my searches don't turn up the XT1776, but I'm finding lots of XT1775 displays. Can I safely purchase a display that has a different number? Of course they are marked Moto E4. Thanks, Jim

Solution
Likely anything you purchase, unless it is used, will be an aftermarket part and that means there is no guaranty it will work.

I know a lot of places will advertise this one works for that one, but sadly it is often not correct. I can find no info on that particular model and those two screens, so while I can't say you 'can't' or 'shouldn't' do it, I can say there is nothing to say it will work.

You might want to check with a local repair place, who should have access to the correct part, and see what they will charge.
Likely anything you purchase, unless it is used, will be an aftermarket part and that means there is no guaranty it will work.

I know a lot of places will advertise this one works for that one, but sadly it is often not correct. I can find no info on that particular model and those two screens, so while I can't say you 'can't' or 'shouldn't' do it, I can say there is nothing to say it will work.

You might want to check with a local repair place, who should have access to the correct part, and see what they will charge.

Solution