Purpose of Sound card

May 20, 2018
Hello! I was used to work in analoge studio . But as I dont have any more access to analoge studio, I got a digital studio( mac with ableton, manitor, controler, keyboard, sound card and microphone). I have also loop station 505. As I have low budget and also would like to have some analoge synth, I wonder if I would need sound card beside loopstation? And what is the purpose of sound card in general?

Solution
Hi there Hn.raha,

I would be happy to assist you today. Sound card is basically used for producing sound for your PC and also used to connect speakers with your PC. That's the main function and purpose of it

That's all! If you are experiencing some problems just reply to this thread I would be happy to assist you again

Warm Regards,
Acme Gamer

acmegamers97

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
Hi there Hn.raha,

I would be happy to assist you today. Sound card is basically used for producing sound for your PC and also used to connect speakers with your PC. That's the main function and purpose of it

That's all! If you are experiencing some problems just reply to this thread I would be happy to assist you again

Warm Regards,
Acme Gamer

Solution

USAFRet

Illustrious

Do you need a soundcard? Only you can tell for sure.
An add-on card may provide better audio than the built in sound. But only you can tell if the built in is sufficient for your purposes.