Q: prices on Dark City DTS ld?

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

Hi there, what is the going rate for this title on Ebay?
(no such item at auctions at the moment)

kind regards
Troels
(Denmark)
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

thanks for the info!

I have the DTS ld, but a friend of mine were looking for it, but this french
dvd might just be the better version, Anamorph WS and DTS


Kind regards

Troels
(Denmark


"Julien Wilk" <generikz@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1112525231.914901.196020@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Hello,
>
> Roughly $60 to $100.
>
> Strangely it seems that only the French R2 release got a DTS
> soundtrack...
>
> http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005R6RF/lapagedesgeneriq
>
> Rgds,
> Julien
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

oh great, another DVD with 4 - 5.1 audio streams, I am sure the video
is suffers on this release. FWIW I avoid disks with more than 3 - 5.1
streams. I wish they would make 2 (or 3) versions like they did with
Laser Disc, 1 with DD 5.1 English and surround, another with DTS and
maybe yet another with French and Spanish 5.1. That way they could
allocate alot more space to the video stream, which would be less
compression, thus higher bitrates on the video.

While I am on this subject, why didn't they put a DTS sound track on
the newly remastered APOLLO 13, instead of English DD5.1, Spanish
DD5.1 & French DD5.1. Then they put the DTS only on the shortened
IMAX version on disc 2.



Anyways, $60 to $100 is a good range. This disc title is quite rare
and hardly ever shows up on eBay.


Regards,
Ed




On 3 Apr 2005 03:47:11 -0700, "Julien Wilk" <generikz@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Roughly $60 to $100.
>
>Strangely it seems that only the French R2 release got a DTS
>soundtrack...
>
>http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005R6RF/lapagedesgeneriq
>
>Rgds,
>Julien
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

"Joshua Zyber" <jzyber@SPAMMERS-BITE-ME.mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Also PAL, though. The pitch shift caused by PAL speedup tends to negate
> any advantages of DTS.
>

Not always (though PAL speedup might lessen the advantage of DTS)

Take for ex. Almost Famous. - bootleg version - aka Dir cut

REG 1 has DTS on theatrical cut and REG 2 DK has DTS on Dir Cut.


the DTS sound is so much better than the DD-track - also on REG 2


but I do generally agree, that PAL-upspeed dosn't have a good effect on the
soundtrack


Troels
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

Troelsb wrote:

>
> but I do generally agree, that PAL-upspeed dosn't have a good effect on the
> soundtrack
>

Given all the digital processing that goes into creating either a DD or
a DTS track, you would think they would at least pitch correct the PAL
version. That technology has been available for over 20 years.

Matthew

--
Thermodynamics and/or Golf for dummies: There is a game
You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

"Matthew L. Martin" <nothere@notnow.never> wrote in message
news:1150oco5nu104c8@corp.supernews.com...
> Given all the digital processing that goes into creating either a DD
> or a DTS track, you would think they would at least pitch correct the
> PAL version. That technology has been available for over 20 years.

Even if they do, it still plays too fast.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 16:44:56 -0400, Nitehawk^
<nighthawk_68@hotmail.com> wrote:

>oh great, another DVD with 4 - 5.1 audio streams, I am sure the video
>is suffers on this release. FWIW I avoid disks with more than 3 - 5.1
>streams. I wish they would make 2 (or 3) versions like they did with
>Laser Disc, 1 with DD 5.1 English and surround, another with DTS and
>maybe yet another with French and Spanish 5.1. That way they could
>allocate alot more space to the video stream, which would be less
>compression, thus higher bitrates on the video.
>
>While I am on this subject, why didn't they put a DTS sound track on
>the newly remastered APOLLO 13, instead of English DD5.1, Spanish
>DD5.1 & French DD5.1. Then they put the DTS only on the shortened
>IMAX version on disc 2.

why don't they put DTS on half the stuff that comes out in the US...?
there is a question for you.


>
>Anyways, $60 to $100 is a good range. This disc title is quite rare
>and hardly ever shows up on eBay.
>
>
>Regards,
>Ed
>
>
>
>
>On 3 Apr 2005 03:47:11 -0700, "Julien Wilk" <generikz@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>Roughly $60 to $100.
>>
>>Strangely it seems that only the French R2 release got a DTS
>>soundtrack...
>>
>>http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005R6RF/lapagedesgeneriq
>>
>>Rgds,
>>Julien
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.video.laserdisc (More info?)

Right or wrong, DTS caught on late here IMHO. Of course its way too late
now if you're talking about LD's...


"xixo" <xixo@xixo.com> wrote in message
news:n1kc61d2fnlh8s39hrmdtcv6h1821klc57@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 16:44:56 -0400, Nitehawk^
> <nighthawk_68@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >oh great, another DVD with 4 - 5.1 audio streams, I am sure the video
> >is suffers on this release. FWIW I avoid disks with more than 3 - 5.1
> >streams. I wish they would make 2 (or 3) versions like they did with
> >Laser Disc, 1 with DD 5.1 English and surround, another with DTS and
> >maybe yet another with French and Spanish 5.1. That way they could
> >allocate alot more space to the video stream, which would be less
> >compression, thus higher bitrates on the video.
> >
> >While I am on this subject, why didn't they put a DTS sound track on
> >the newly remastered APOLLO 13, instead of English DD5.1, Spanish
> >DD5.1 & French DD5.1. Then they put the DTS only on the shortened
> >IMAX version on disc 2.
>
> why don't they put DTS on half the stuff that comes out in the US...?
> there is a question for you.
>
>
> >
> >Anyways, $60 to $100 is a good range. This disc title is quite rare
> >and hardly ever shows up on eBay.
> >
> >
> >Regards,
> >Ed
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >On 3 Apr 2005 03:47:11 -0700, "Julien Wilk" <generikz@gmail.com>
> >wrote:
> >
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>Roughly $60 to $100.
> >>
> >>Strangely it seems that only the French R2 release got a DTS
> >>soundtrack...
> >>
> >>http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005R6RF/lapagedesgeneriq
> >>
> >>Rgds,
> >>Julien
>
 

TRENDING THREADS