Quadro 2000D + 02 GTX 760, same system

cctrevis

Estimable
Oct 7, 2014
Hello,
I have a Quadro 2000D and I intend to buy more 02 GPU (GTX 760). My question is simple: is that possible to have those GPU working in the same system?
Thanks.

Solution
Disabling pcie slots is irrelevant. You can use both but it gets a bit more complicated in which the software will use. If you have multiple monitors, you can plug at least 1 into each and just change the main monitor in windows. If you only have 1 then you have to switch ports but this would only be a concern for which gpu is used for viewports or games. Some renderers will let you choose gpu and many gpu renderers will use both.

zeyuanfu

Estimable
Jun 19, 2014

Depends on your motherboard. Some allow you to disable one of the PCIe slots.

cctrevis

Estimable
Oct 7, 2014

Thank you.

k1114

Distinguished
Disabling pcie slots is irrelevant. You can use both but it gets a bit more complicated in which the software will use. If you have multiple monitors, you can plug at least 1 into each and just change the main monitor in windows. If you only have 1 then you have to switch ports but this would only be a concern for which gpu is used for viewports or games. Some renderers will let you choose gpu and many gpu renderers will use both.

Solution

cctrevis

Estimable
Oct 7, 2014
Thank you. That is the case. I've working with Blender 3D and my intent is to use the Quadro 3D for visualization only and both GTX in SLI mode to rendering. My concern is about possible conflict issues using two different cards in the same system.

cctrevis

Estimable
Oct 7, 2014

Thank you,
I've bought them and they are coming.... :D
as soon as I install them I'll post the result here.

persepolo

Estimable
Feb 4, 2015

Hi CCTREVIS...I just read your post...did you try the 2 cards already?....how it worked out? I am planning a similar configuration with Quadro2000 and GTX 970 but i cant find any really clear answer to the question....please let me know....thanks in advance