Query about Lenovo Y510 laptop. Plz help..

jashith123

Estimable
Apr 6, 2014
Lenovo Y510 comes with a swapable ultrabay. In my country model they are shipping with dvd drive. Can we remove the dvd drive ourself and swap with a Graphic card or will I need the help of a lenovo technician to remove it?
Do all models irrespective of the country come with SSD?
Anyone owning the laptop please help as I'm very interested in buying it as soon as possible.
Thanks

Solution
There are about 10+ stock variations on the y510p, and a lot of configurations that can be come up with.

i5, i7, 24MB cache SSD, 1TB 5400rpm drives, gt750m, gt750m SLI, gt755m, gt755m SLI.

You should be able to add the second video card yourself. It is pre-assembled and slots right in. Make sure the one you get matches the model of your internal video card for SLI.

Eximo

Distinguished
Herald
There are about 10+ stock variations on the y510p, and a lot of configurations that can be come up with.

i5, i7, 24MB cache SSD, 1TB 5400rpm drives, gt750m, gt750m SLI, gt755m, gt755m SLI.

You should be able to add the second video card yourself. It is pre-assembled and slots right in. Make sure the one you get matches the model of your internal video card for SLI.

Solution