question about chargers

J-Pee Gamit

Estimable
Nov 15, 2014
hi guys , i bought a new netbook charger yesterday , 19v 1.58a and my original is 19v 2.1a ,

can i ask which is better . and if i use my new charger it will harm my device because of different amp ?

Solution
No, excessive voltage is what can harm electronics.

However, that doesn't mean you'll be problem-free with this new charger. The lower amperage means that it will definitely charge slower and may not be able to handle the laptop at full load on its own. If the laptop tries to pull more amps than the charger can provide, it will heat up quite a bit (the charger). It's rare for this to cause it to be a fire hazard, but it will eventually die from the excessive heat.

Mr Kagouris

Estimable
Sep 7, 2015
No, excessive voltage is what can harm electronics.

However, that doesn't mean you'll be problem-free with this new charger. The lower amperage means that it will definitely charge slower and may not be able to handle the laptop at full load on its own. If the laptop tries to pull more amps than the charger can provide, it will heat up quite a bit (the charger). It's rare for this to cause it to be a fire hazard, but it will eventually die from the excessive heat.

Solution