Question about verizon wireless prepaid service.

Jake_127

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
So i tried calling a good friend of mine who has a verizon pre paid phone and got the "this number has been changed, disconnected, or is no longer in service" message. I would be very surprised if this person changed their number without telling me or contacting me from new number. Also for some reason the phone actually rings 1 to 3 times or so before i get the message. Does anybody know if its likely to be because of a lack of payment? Or why it rings at all if its disconnected?

Jake_127

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
Why would they purposely not let anyone call them? Its not just me that gets that message. And they use their phone for work. Since its prepaid it seems likely they couldve missed payment or something.

Jake_127

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
I mean i could go find them but idk about that. Maybe if it never gets resolved. Whitelist # whats that? And do u know if there is any possible way to tell the difference between a changed number and a suspended number from non payment?

Jake_127

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
The difference is if i could find out if the line was suspended by verizon then ill know that eventually itl be taken care of but if they changed the number then ill probly want to go try to find them.