Question regarding boot ups ( tech in the making)

khalas101

Estimable
Feb 6, 2015
So Im fairly experienced and have fixed many laptops but the one thing I still dont know how to fix is when notebook boot up with a black screen not related to the basic issues,

When I say basic issues, I mean, Ram, screen, battery, hdd etc. I realized this is fairly common with a lot of my older hp dv models that have nvdia graphic cards. Whats the solution to this?

Thanks

Was the inverter one of your basics? Could it be as simple as pressing the Function key along with the key that can switch between the built-in screen and an external monitor?

I've also known it to be because the last user turned the brightness Function key all the way down inadvertently.

If the screen's backlight is on but you're getting no POST, then apart from troubleshooting "the basics," you might need to consider faulty firmware or a bad main board.

If there's no backlight, the computer could be POSTing and working [partially], but either there's no signal to the monitor (bad CPU or GPU, depending on the laptop's hardware configuration), or the monitor is defective.