Questions about i5 7300hq and i7 7700hq

cylpol1

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017
Question about workloads between the two processors.. Was watching a review on a laptop and they were running an i5 7300hq while playing a game, but it was constantly maxed out to 100% load, is that a concern for performance and overall longevity of the laptop. Also, people say that i57300hq is a good for basic tasks but not"heavy multitasking", I was wondering what people consider by that and was also wonder can the i5 7300hq actually handle and when do you need a 7700 over the 7300. Thank you

kookie3010

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
if the cpu is maxed out during gaming then its usually bottlenecking the gpu.the i5-7300hq is a quadcore cpu with 4 threads where as the i7-7700hq is also a quadcore cpu but with 8 threads.usually in gpu intensive games those cpu wont make a difference in fps but games.probably just a few frames differences.but the i7 will shine in games that require more cores like battlefield,overwatch etc.u will see a noticeable difference i frame rate as the game will eat up the cores.not to mention some of the poorly coded games that will rely on cpu power.for multitasking i say the i5 can handle its own.and laptops that equipped with the i5 is usally cheaper.

kookie3010

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
if the cpu is maxed out during gaming then its usually bottlenecking the gpu.the i5-7300hq is a quadcore cpu with 4 threads where as the i7-7700hq is also a quadcore cpu but with 8 threads.usually in gpu intensive games those cpu wont make a difference in fps but games.probably just a few frames differences.but the i7 will shine in games that require more cores like battlefield,overwatch etc.u will see a noticeable difference i frame rate as the game will eat up the cores.not to mention some of the poorly coded games that will rely on cpu power.for multitasking i say the i5 can handle its own.and laptops that equipped with the i5 is usally cheaper.

cylpol1

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017

Yeah I thought about getting it for better thermals. Thank you for the reply I appreciate it, I was wondering if I would be able to multitask like have maybe something like r studio and a lot of internet tabs with streams and videos without issues of bottleneck of it.

kookie3010

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
Well since this is on a laptop and u cant upgrade the cpu,going for the i7 is the best bet.the i5-7300hq is great as a mobile cpu.but the i7 is just going to be better.besides multitasking will probaly eat more of ur ram as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Laptop General Discussion 1
Ehvoh01 Laptop General Discussion 4
K Laptop General Discussion 3
R Laptop General Discussion 8
packersfan036 Laptop General Discussion 2
packersfan036 Laptop General Discussion 4
P Laptop General Discussion 1
D Laptop General Discussion 1
packersfan036 Laptop General Discussion 2
M Laptop General Discussion 2
K Laptop General Discussion 1