Quick books auto re-installing into inaccessible folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

crubleigh

Honorable
Jun 6, 2013
On all of my recent builds, there has been a small SSD for the operating system, and a larger one for storage. When I go to install programs redirected to the the new applications file, it works fine, but later it says that I don't have permissions (I am still admin) This was fixed by creating a new file, (Applications2) however I still don't know why it does that.

Now, a month later, it's time to use quick books again. It's shortcut is broken so I delete it, try to make a new one, delete it, turns out I just deleted quickbooks. So now I'm trying to re-install it, but there is no directory select. It says it detects a file for it already and it will install it there. It won't let me change it. It HAS to install in that folder. That folder, is in the inaccessible applications folder so I can't install it there, nor can I delete it and redirect it.

So, I have no idea what to do. Please help. Thank you.

USAFRet

Illustrious
Deleting the shortcut does nothing for the actual application. Quickbooks is still installed. That shortcut is merely a pointer to the .exe file.

1. Save your personal Quickbook files.
2. Uninstall Quickbooks, not just delete the shortcut or the Quickbooks folder. Uninstall
3. Install to the location of your choice.

crubleigh

Honorable
Jun 6, 2013

No, it is not on the computer. There is only the file location with some random files (updater, readme etc) The program is nowhere to be found. Like I said, after I deleted the shortcut, I moved it to desktop. It asked me for admin permissions and I said OK, it didn't work, I deleted it, and it's gone. When I search, only the directory files and updater shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.