Random Ads Pops Up everytime

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComputerProblemZ

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
Hi, I own an Android Phone for less than 5 months. There comes a time when a random ad sudddenly pops up at my browser. I tried to do a full reset for 3 times then nothing happened. I wanted to know what to do with it. I know what's the main cause of this problem, it's just that its uncontrollable.

Solution
I'm not and Android user, so I couldn't tell you whether or not security/permission changes get saved to your Google cloud account or not. If so, that would explain why you're having issues when restoring your phone from cloud backup.

Again, I'm thinking that 3rd party app might not necessarily be an active form of malware still on your phone (though TBH, it could be), but rather made some permission changes and then left it that way long after the app was uninstalled.

stdragon

Proper
Apr 5, 2018
You said you know what the source of the problem is, right? So what is it? Is it caused by a specific website you're visiting?

Also, I'm really surprised that Brave didn't knock down most of those ads from popping up. It should have.

ComputerProblemZ

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016

It's caused by a simple 3rd party app. I've downloaded a Music Player and its doing fine. And then one day i uninstalled the app due to some complications with the performance but i really liked that app, so a few days later i've downloaded the app again, this time, it gave me headaches. And like I said, i did a full reset for 3 times and then nothing happened. I've disabled the google chrome in favor of a private web browser which is a Firefox Focus and still nothing. Browser setting can't do any help. I've also searched for a suspicious 3rd party app and I found nothing. It's pretty useless and a waste of time. It popups during a the middle of my app usage for 3 times a day. Sometimes, when i start my phone then it'll popup any second before you do your thing.

It's getting pretty annoying everyday, I can't afford to buy a new phone because I only had it for 4 months.
My possible guess is the phones factory installed apps. Which most of it contains ads, so i had to disable them all to free up some space for storage because I never use them at all. I only wish phone makers have that function to completely remove pre-installed apps which were never used. Pardon for my speech construction.

rgd1101

Don't

where did you download the app this time?

stdragon

Proper
Apr 5, 2018
I'm not and Android user, so I couldn't tell you whether or not security/permission changes get saved to your Google cloud account or not. If so, that would explain why you're having issues when restoring your phone from cloud backup.

Again, I'm thinking that 3rd party app might not necessarily be an active form of malware still on your phone (though TBH, it could be), but rather made some permission changes and then left it that way long after the app was uninstalled.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.