Question Random Android Notifications!

hotlips69

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
For the past month or so, I've been noticing that my S9+ occasionally makes the default (Charming Bell) notification sound for no reason.
There are never any notifications on the screen, nor any light flashes, nor does it appear in the "Notifications" section.

I've been going through my apps & purposely changing the notification sounds that I can find from Charming Bell to something else to eliminate that app, but I'm still getting these sounds a few times a day that makes me think I've got a new text when I haven't!!

Is there any way I can find out what exactly is causing these notifications?

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
just did a quick google search and found this is a common problem with several different causes. a few found disabling nfc helped if they kept credit cards close, some found wifi calling caused the problem. some found the whatsapp app was causing it. Some found turning off reminders in accessibility stopped it. There are too many possible solutions to mention here. Maybe do a search using s9 making random sounds and check out other possible solutions.

hotlips69

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
For reference, it turned out that my issue was that my car (that used to be paired to my phone & isn't anymore) kept talking to my phone to re-pair it, which generated the notification sound I was getting!

I noticed I was only getting the sound when my car was just started & I checked the Bluetooth settings.

Reactions: mejustsayin