Random Tabs Showing Up Out Of Nowhere??

Tyler LM

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017
How do I get rid of random tabs showing up? I used Windows Defender it said its a Trojan, but then it said it was taken away because I used the clean tool, but its still showing up. So then I used AdwCleaner (Malwarebytes) it detected around 80 viruses and got rid of them, but the adds still show up, is there a way to get the ads to go away? Non of my Anti Viruses detect viruses anymore as well.

[OS = Win 10]

Solution
more hdd just means more to clean. i would make sure that files are clean before running them on new install. I don't think you need to wipe them.

I would remove the power from all the extras while you install win 10 as it has been known to share its boot sector around, so if only 1 drive attached it has no choice.

I don't think you need a new hdd as most virus can't survive the partitions being wiped

Colif

Distinguished
I would download this and run it: https://www.bitdefender.co.uk/solutions/free.html as its much more likely to catch things than defender

I would backup everything you want to keep and clean install as its only way to know you got rid of it for good

on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that screen this time (some PC just need a restart here)

install bitdefender free again and scan any of the files you backed up to ensure you don't get it back.

Tyler LM

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017

I have multiple HDDs will that affect anything, also a new HDD would be better I assume right?

Colif

Distinguished
more hdd just means more to clean. i would make sure that files are clean before running them on new install. I don't think you need to wipe them.

I would remove the power from all the extras while you install win 10 as it has been known to share its boot sector around, so if only 1 drive attached it has no choice.

I don't think you need a new hdd as most virus can't survive the partitions being wiped

Solution

Slumy__57

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
I might look at your programs and features real quick before you do anything drastic. See if there is anything in there that you didn't install/want to install. Then check what your homepage is set to in your browser. I've dealt with a lot of malware, and sometimes it can change your homepage, mess with your browser settings, or install different browsers on your PC. If isn't the case, I'd go ahead and do what Colif is suggesting, but if this is the case, checking this might save you some trouble.

TRENDING THREADS