Randomly Loses Internet Connection

James_67

Estimable
Sep 24, 2015
Not sure if right section, but its happening to my laptop.
So basically, i lose my internet connection randomly. Each time, I can easily fix it by diagnosing the problem and applying the recommended fix. The constant problem is that according to windows, the ip configs are invalid. i mean, just out of the blue my ip becomes invalid

What might be the problem? i dont have a vpn, and i believe my avast premium is doing its job. I've also updated the drivers.

Solution
Hi, There could be a number of things that cause this. Windows 10 caused similar issues for me in the past and it was related to a firewall on the network blocking windows 10 due to it flooding the network with packets and the firewall blocked my PC. The fix was to repair network and reboot the PC.

Then eventually I found a windows update which addressed the issue in windows 10. So I would recommend installing 1709 if you dont have it yet for starters.

Is this your private network or others are sharing?

Gabor

gaborbarla

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
Hi, There could be a number of things that cause this. Windows 10 caused similar issues for me in the past and it was related to a firewall on the network blocking windows 10 due to it flooding the network with packets and the firewall blocked my PC. The fix was to repair network and reboot the PC.

Then eventually I found a windows update which addressed the issue in windows 10. So I would recommend installing 1709 if you dont have it yet for starters.

Is this your private network or others are sharing?

Gabor

Solution

Avast-Team

Estimable
Mar 3, 2017
@James -- thanks for using Avast! I agree with Gabor that applying the latest updates and running the network troubleshooter should be helpful for you. You may also want to check your router as well -- try rebooting it or checking for firmware updates which may also help and be a simple fix.

If you have Real Site or Firewall enabled in your Premier setup, try disabling them (temporarily) to see if this makes any difference. I doubt that they are causing you any IP-related issues, but it is a quick troubleshooting step. If you need further assistance, you can email us at avast-team@avast.com.