Razer Kraken Pro mic not cancelling background noise as well since Win10 upgrade

SM125

Estimable
Jul 16, 2014
Since installing Win 10 and reinstalling the Realtek drivers (and turning Noise cancellation, Accoustic echo cancellation back on), people in Skype calls have mentioned being able to hear system sound quite clearly through my Mic.

I've had the same headset for about 2 years and never had this problem before so I'm assuming the new driver is buggy or I have foolishly missed a setting that is causing this.

I've also checked to make sure anything related to a "listen" setting is turned off, and that Skype isn't doing some crazy loop or anything like that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

vlxedits

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
Do your own test. Download audacity and record your mic with/without the noise cancellation stuff on and see if there is any difference between the two tests if it cuts out background noise

SM125

Estimable
Jul 16, 2014

Just tried turning it off/on using the Voice Recorder on Win 10.

As expected, with the noise cancellation features off, it picked loads of background noise up and my music playing.

When I turned all of the noise cancellation features back on and played some loud music, it didn't pick any of the music up at all, was pretty much perfect.

So it seems to me, that when I go into a Skype call, all of these noise cancellation features are disabling.

I hope someone knows whats happening because I have no idea anymore.