Razer Kraken Pro: Replacement splitter

sy06

Estimable
Jan 27, 2015
Broke the audio part of the splitter cable on my Razer Kraken Pro, so I'm looking to buy a new splitter. Replacements on the Razer site are out of stock, so I was wondering if this would work: http://www.amazon.com/EZOPower-Headset-Adapter-Smartphone-smartphone/dp/B0046FMRGA/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

It says it's for smartphone headsets, so I want to make sure it's compatible for the Kraken. I'm not sure what the difference between smartphone headsets and normal headsets are -- someone mentioned that this splitter will work as long as there are three threads on the audio jack, but I'm not sure what these "threads" are.

Solution
If you look at your 3.5mm jack on your headset you'll see bands going all around it (can be green, black and some other colors I think), that what the "someone" was refering to. That splitter should work, so I dont think there is any problem. If I were you, id rather wait until Razer has them in stock knowing your going to get a quality splitter.

Hope this helps!

BlueFireZ

Estimable
If you look at your 3.5mm jack on your headset you'll see bands going all around it (can be green, black and some other colors I think), that what the "someone" was refering to. That splitter should work, so I dont think there is any problem. If I were you, id rather wait until Razer has them in stock knowing your going to get a quality splitter.

Hope this helps!

Solution