Razer Kraken Pro V2 or Kraken 7.1 V2 USB ? Is surround sound worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenZervos

Estimable
Dec 28, 2015
So I'm gonna buy one of those 2 and the price is pretty much the same (7.1 V2 costs 7 euros more).

Unfortunately the 7.1 V2 USB doesn't have a mute button on the cable (a small problem which I can deal with) and also I'm afraid that the USB plug might brake or bend easier which has happened to me before with previous USB headset.

My question is: Is the 7.1 surround sound worth it? and is there any adapter I can buy to turn the USB to 3.5mm jack plug so that the mic works too?

I want the 7.1 surround sound for games like Battlefield 1, Rainbow Six Siege and PUBG.
Thanks a lot

Solution

Well because built in the headphone are 7.1 surround...

Ballizt

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017
The Razer kraken pro v2 is not 7.1 surround sound. BUT if you get the razer synapse application you could turn it into 7.1 surround sound just by downloading a driver. So its your choice on looks and features

StevenZervos

Estimable
Dec 28, 2015

So there isn't any actual hardware difference between those two? Will it be the same thing if I just turn the Pro V2 into 7.1? I didn't know that was possible.

Ballizt

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017

Soundwise yes they will be the same exact thing. It doesnt even have to be with razer headphones. I did it to my Turtle Beach Recons. Its an audio driver that it installs on your pc.

StevenZervos

Estimable
Dec 28, 2015

Alright then thanks, that was a big help. But I am wondering why they actually named them Kraken 7.1 afterall?

Ballizt

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017

Well because built in the headphone are 7.1 surround sound. The driver for your computer makes any headphone you plug in 7.1 surround sound, while its connected to your pc only though, not my ps4 or sumn. Technically the razer kraken pro v2 are not 7.1 surround sound. Theres just a driver on the computer to hear 7.1 surround sound. Its initially the same thing.

Solution

StevenZervos

Estimable
Dec 28, 2015

Oh cool. So you are saying they are the same thing but I could turn the Pros V2 into Surround Sound only in PC where I could use Razer Synapse. That kind of makes sense, I guess that's why they would put USB in the 7.1 ones. Because they are for consoles. Is that correct?

Ballizt

Prominent
Apr 26, 2017

Never really thought about it like that, I guess so, that would make sense.

StevenZervos

Estimable
Dec 28, 2015

It is decided then. Ima get the Pros. Thanks a lot for your help.

Feb 23, 2018

If u regerster any razer device though synapse you can get the pro version of razer souround for free so no extra cost

Status
Not open for further replies.