Razer Krakens 7.1 Not Working

ashtondotson

Estimable
Dec 27, 2014
Okay so I've tried for like 1 hour to try to get my Razer Kraken Pro Neon Series Neon Blue Edition to use 7.1 I've done multiple audio tests through Razer Synapses, and the Realtek software that came with my motherboard because I have a 7.1 Realtek audio card. This headset was 100 dollars and I'm not getting my moneys worth. If you could help me out that would be awesome!

ashtondotson

Estimable
Dec 27, 2014

My headset is hooked to my 7.1 video card and the headset supports 7.1. So did the software I used. However there is no surround sound. Only stereo.

BlueFireZ

Estimable
First off, the Razer Neons are not 7.1, they do not support 7.1. Second the 7.1 thing is a gimmick, you cant actually pinpoint where its coming from because you headset just has 2 drivers, one for each ear, even if it did have more, the sounds get all mixed up. Your better off getting some better headphones, and returning these, if you didnt know Razer headsets dont have very good sound quality.

Sorry if i sounded harsh.

noidea_77

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012

Sorry, but something is still totally mixed up here. The Razer Kraken 7.1 has an usb connection and can never be connected to your video card. It also has nothing to do with the Realtek Onboard audio. And you are very sure, that your audio source is 7.1, not only stereo? And how do you know, that the 7,1 simulation doesn't work? Keep in mind, that this headset only simulates 7.1 with the limited capability of one driver per ear.