Razer Tiamat 7.1 help

1david10

Estimable
Mar 12, 2014
I've recently purchased a set of Razer Tiamat 7.1's but the sound quality is less than amazing. I've read some reviews online and opinions are pretty split on these things been amazing or worse than Hitler.

Now to go with the headset I needed a soundcard that supports 7.1 so I just bought a cheap £25 external card.

So my question is which is my down fall? Is it my soundcard that is letting me down or is the headset itself just useless?

Thanks for the help

Solution
The headset isn't useless, but it uses small drivers to do big drivers' work. The sound quality in the headset is less than optimal, and everybody I come in contact with claims it as such as well. I own the Tiamat 2.2 headset and with the larger drivers (although still not as large as I would like) the sound quality is a lot better. Not great, but perfect for gaming. The 7.1 is, in my books, a bit of a hit-and-miss from Razer. The drivers are too small and will always deliver shallow, flat sound, even if you fit a proper internal sound card.

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
The headset isn't useless, but it uses small drivers to do big drivers' work. The sound quality in the headset is less than optimal, and everybody I come in contact with claims it as such as well. I own the Tiamat 2.2 headset and with the larger drivers (although still not as large as I would like) the sound quality is a lot better. Not great, but perfect for gaming. The 7.1 is, in my books, a bit of a hit-and-miss from Razer. The drivers are too small and will always deliver shallow, flat sound, even if you fit a proper internal sound card.

Solution

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
That's Razer for you. Most gaming headsets are fairly low quality for what you're paying for them and lure in buyers with marketing tactics. In this case it's the several small drives. Should have went with a decent pair of headphones and added a mic to them.

RagingT926

Estimable
Dec 10, 2014

Hey, is there a problem? People hate and people love Razer, don't judge, I came here also for a reason. My Tiamat 7.1 is been used for like almost a year now, my brother has a Kraken 7.1 as well, both the Tiamat 7.1 and the Kraken 7.1 won't work any more. I thought it would be best to ask here. Reply if any answers were made

Thx,