RCA Tablet wont reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

katdaddy00

Commendable
May 19, 2016
I have a RCA RCT6773W22 Tablet that froze on the boot screen and would not go any further. I tried to reset it with the power and up volume button and it just stopped at the rca logo. It past it no matter how many times i try.Any ideas?

Solution
If it is not starting at all, either the battery is not charging (which can be the cord or the port), the battery needs replacing or the device does.
When trying to do a "Hard Reset", which starts with the power and volume buttons, there are a few other things you need to do also. However, lets see if it will start first before trying that. I say that because a "Hard Reset" will wipe your data.

First I suggest you try starting it in "Safe Mode", this way you can see if it will actually boot up. If it does, then it is probably an app, or update to an app, that is causing your system to hang during booting up.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable safe mode, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: Off" rather than On.

If it allows you to get into the sytem using safe mode, then you need to remove the offending apps/software. Anything you recently installed or updated could be the culpret. You would also want to check your apps list for anything newly installed, that you didn't install yourself.

Once you have removed the app/update, then try restarting the phone again, to see if it will load. If it does, then you are good. If it doesn't, then there is more on the system that needs to be removed. Repeat this until it allows you to boot completely out of "Safe Mode".

If it won't boot even in "Safe Mode" or it won't start no matter how many apps you have removed, then I would try the "Hard Reset". But only as a last resort.

NOTE: Doing this will clear the data on your tablet, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the tablet...

1. Make sure that the tablet is actually powered off.

2. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

3. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

4. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

5. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

6. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

7. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the tablet.

katdaddy00

Commendable
May 19, 2016
Thanks for the reply. I would try it but not its plugged up to charge because now it wont even come on. the battery charge screen is on but it will not power up. the only thing that happens is the battery charge screen goes off and wont come back on for a while. I just replaced this battery 2 days ago.

Avogt90

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017

I tried ALL of this (and this is the 5th site I've been to that suggests this same thing with no other alternative suggestions. No matter how I hold the buttons, the tablet will not do any kind of factory reset or safe mode or anything. It just turns on like normal and freezes on the title screen and never goes beyond that. This thing is literally brand new. We JUST opened the box and only turned it on once. Attempted to install 1 app (same app is on 3 other devices already) and the whole tablet shut down and now freezes like this. Already had to wait nearly a month for this thing, REALLY don't want to wait again

DeathlyGamer785

Prominent
Jul 22, 2017
Ok so i dont know if people still look at this thread or not but my tablet i just got it for free from a friend and they said if i could fix i could have. What they did is they reset it from the settings as normal then when it rebooted it was on the android erasing screen with robot and the hexagonal circle thing spinning. Ive tried multiple things such as finding a fastboot mode to reflash the firmware. Ive tried getting it into recovery mode to hard reset it. And ive tried the all famous safe mode. Non of the above work on this device. Now ive only been searching for a minuite but when i find the solution ill help you guys who have the same problem out. I think if i enter in the model number on this device it will show up. But if any body needs to get ahold of me email me at [don't post your email address on the forum]

donutr888

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017
I just got this RCA Voyager 3 for my birthday today by one of my best friend. We didn't know the code was on the receipt. So now I need help to get my code back.

donutr888

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from donutr888 : "I need a code for my Voyager 3 tablet"

I need a code to start my Voyager 3 tablet. I just got this for my birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS