RCA TV BluRay Audio Connection Hardware?

idiot3

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
Just bought a BD K980 Blu-Ray player with RCA connections to use with my old WEGA tv, but the digital audio won't work with any new DVDs, blu-ray or not. Called seller who said buy RCA with HDMI cable, then also bought an RCA to HDMI video (!!!) converter. Clearly I have no idea what I'm doing. Anything with digital 5.0 soundtracks can't be played properly, blu-ray or not. Any ideas on the correct hardware to buy and instructions for tech fools like me on how to connect it? Thank you!

Solution
If you connect the BD player to your TV using the yellow (composite video) and red and white (stereo audio) RCA connections that should work. You may have to go intp the player menu to set it up to operate correctly.
If your TV has a component video input (green - blue - red just above) then use that for your picture and the same two red and white for audio. It will give you a better picture if you can.

Rocky Bennett

Respectable
May 25, 2016
How are you trying to connect the audio output of your player to....what? Are you trying to connect the player to a stereo or to a tv? Are you using an S/PDIF cable, RCA cables or HDMI cables? You know you can't simultaneously get audio out of your HDMI and your RCA output?

If you connect the BD player to your TV using the yellow (composite video) and red and white (stereo audio) RCA connections that should work. You may have to go intp the player menu to set it up to operate correctly.
If your TV has a component video input (green - blue - red just above) then use that for your picture and the same two red and white for audio. It will give you a better picture if you can.

Solution